ADVENTURE DAY CAMPnear Nashville, TN
EXCITING ADVENTURES FOR OLDER DAY CAMPERS: Completed grades 6 to 8
Adventure Day Camp provides a unique experience for middle school youth to participate in fun and exciting wilderness survival skills — taught by an outdoor survival expert. Campers also enjoy many favorites like lake activities (swimming, water slide, Corcl boats, canoeing, aqua park, zip line), recreational group games, and more. A few things we’re sure of at Deer Run: Being outside is good. Being outside with friends, growing closer to God, and trying new things is really good.
Campers at Deer Run are free to HAVE FUN, BE ADVENTUROUS, UNPLUG and CONNECT — no matter what activity they are taking part in. Whether it be zooming down the water slide on Spring Valley Lake or building a survival hut together, each activity provides opportunities to be encouraged, discover strengths, forge friendships, complete challenges, and create life-long memories!
Counselors and staff are the heart of Deer Run and a large part of what makes your child’s experience amazing. They genuinely love spending time with campers. They listen with understanding and get to know each camper. Deer Run campers do not get lost in the crowd. Smaller camper groups allow campers to form authentic and deeper friendships; in fact, many campers are greeted by name year after year by returning counselors.
We can guarantee two things … your kids will not want to leave camp at the end of the day, and they will be tired from having so much fun.
PRICING • DATES • AVAILABILITY: 2020 ADVENTURE DAY CAMPS
Weekly Camps (Mon-Fri) beginning the week of June 1-5 and ending the week of July 27-July 31.
- $339 per week includes a $50 non-refundable deposit per camper for each session.
- Affordable monthly payments. (Monthly payments are only for registrations that come in prior to May.)
- Registration includes ALL activities (no add-on pricing), a themed camper shirt, and a link to a video of your camper’s session that you can download.
- Photos from the camp week are available throughout the camp session.
WAIT LIST: If a camp week is full, you can choose to be added to a Wait List during online registration.
- Shelter Building
- Fire Starting: build a fire from tinder, kindling and logs; then start the fire with a flint and steel striker kit
- Knot Tying & Lashing
- Compass & Map Navigation
- 3-D Life-Size Archery Targets
- Knife Safety
- Hatchet Throwing at Targets
Groups also have safe, supervised fire competitions and archery competitions.
- Lake [water slide, aqua park, swimming, round Corcl boats, canoes, zip line]
- Archery Range & BB Guns
- Obstacle Course, Leap of Faith, 45-ft Climbing Tower, Pedal Karts, Human Foosball
- Nine-Square in-the-Air, GaGa Ball, Carpetball Tournaments, Large Group Rec Games
- Small Group Bible Study
Lake Safety: Every camper, any swimming level, is required to wear a life jacket at all times for lake activities. Lifeguards are present during lake time.
7 a.m. Extended Care Option: Drop off for some early morning fun!
8:00 to 8:15 a.m. Camper Arrival Games
8:15 a.m. Camp Starts: Meet at The Craft Shack
9:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Activity Rotations: recreation, games, lunch, Bible study
3:15 p.m. Campers gather in The Fortress for Afternoon Fun
3:30 p.m. Campers who are bus riders load buses
3:45 to 4:00 p.m. Camper Pick-up at Camp
4:00 to 5:00 p.m. Extended Care Option: Games
Click here for info: Check-in, Check-out, What to Pack, Bringing Medications
Add during online registration or at any time by logging into your account.
$45 per week per camper, Monday a.m. – Friday p.m.
Seating is limited and is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Pick-up & Drop-off Locations
- Berry Farms at Publix
- Brentwood Baptist Church
- Church of the City Franklin
- FRA (Franklin Road Academy)
- Independence High School
- Westhaven Town Center at Kroger
- Murfreesboro Embassy Suites & Conference Center
Bus Schedule: Click here.
Add during online registration or at any time by logging into your account.
Monday a.m. – Friday p.m.
Available ONLY to car riders. Not available for those choosing bus transportation.
- Morning & Afternoon, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.: $35 per week per camper
- Morning Only, 7 a.m. Drop Off: $20 per week per camper
- Afternoon Only, 5 p.m. Pick Up: $20 per week per camper
FRIEND REFERRALS: THEY SAVE + YOU GET $20 FOR EVERY NEW CAMPER REGISTRATION!
After you register for camp, invite your friends!
- MUST BE A NEW CAMPER: To qualify as a referral, your friend must be part of a new camper family who has never attended a Deer Run camp or event before.
- GIVE FRIENDS THE CODES: Simply give them the Friend Referral Codes listed below so they receive a discount at check-out AND ask them to enter your name as the person who referred them to camp during the “How Did You Hear” section of registration.
- NOW, REFER MORE FRIENDS: After your friend registers as a referral, they can invite friends and also get $20 for every friend who registers and is part of a new camper family.
2020 Friend Referral Codes
• REF20DC: $25 OFF Day Camp
• REF20ON: $50 OFF 1-week Overnight Camp
• REF20TW: $100 OFF 2-week Overnight Camps
*Discount codes cannot be combined with any other code.
How do I get my credit and how can it be used?
- A family you referred to Deer Run Camps must be registered in order for you to receive the $20 credit. The Referring Family credits are processed on a weekly basis, thus they are not effective immediately.
- This credit is in addition to any discounts you have already received, and there is no limit to how many referral credits you can receive!
- Your credit MUST be used BY THE END OF YOUR WEEK OF CAMP or the credit will be forfeited.
Your credit can be used in one of the following ways:
1) automatically goes towards balance if camp week is not paid in full,
2) applied to early registration for 2021 camps, or
3) applied to register for a fall parent-child weekend — the August Father-Son Adventure Weekend or the September Mother-Daughter Getaway Weekend.
- The referral credit cannot be used as a credit for the Camp Store.
FRIEND REQUESTS: Day Camp Small Group or Overnight Cabin Group
Bringing friends with you makes a week at camp even more fun!
Day Campers can request as many friends as they would like (no limit) — as long as all friends are within one-year of age of each other. The older camper will be added to the younger camper's group.
Our intent is to create the best environment and experience possible for all campers — those coming alone or with friends. We believe choosing to limit cabin requests to 6 campers per cabin sets the cabin up for success — providing an opportunity for unity within the whole group and with the counselor.
If you have more than 6 campers in your friend group, we suggest splitting into two groups. For requests above 6 per cabin, call the office at 615.794.2918. We will do our best to accommodate when possible!
- Invite up to 5 friends to be in your cabin … for a total friend group of 6 campers!
- Camper friend requests may have up to a one year age difference. The older camper will be added to the younger camper's cabin group.
- Cabins are divided into male cabins and female cabins.
HOW IT WORKS IN ONLINE REGISTRATION
Requests are made by using the “Friend Request” button in the "Camp Services" section of your online registration account.
Friend Requests MUST BE ACCEPTED NO LATER THAN ONE WEEK prior to the camp session start date.
- From your account dashboard, click “View My Registrations.”
- Find the current registration for your child and click on their name. You will find the Friend Request button on that screen.
- Only ONE friend should initiate the Friend Request and the other(s) accept. You will need the name and email address associated with the friend’s account.
- When making a request, an email with instructions will be sent on your behalf to the other
- To accept a request, follow the same procedure above and then enter the code in the “Accept a Request” section.
Multi-Child or Multi-Session Discount: $10 OFF each child when registering more than one child or for more than one session (this is for all events, except for Family Day)
Community Service Discount: 10% OFF for Military, First Responders, Teachers, Pastors, and Foster Families. To receive your discount code, email your ID/verification to Contact@DeerRun.camp. This cannot be combined with other discount codes. However, you can still receive referral credits for new camper families who you invite to summer camp!
Financial Assistance: If you are in need of financial assistance, click here for information about applying for a scholarship.
OPEN HOUSE / CAMP TOURS
Sundays: April 19 & May 5
Tour anytime from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Come-and-Go Walking Tours.
No Reservation Needed.
We invite you to meet our camp directors and some of our summer staff, tour the camp, and get a glimpse of how camp at Deer Run can make a lifelong impact on your kids, teens, and family this summer.
Open House is a great way to get to know us before you arrive at camp this summer. We have refreshments, staff who can answer your questions, and summer staff who are excited to show you around. We look forward to seeing you!
View this virtual tour video about summer camps.
If you would like to schedule a personal tour, call Guest Relations at 615-794-2918 or email Contact@DeerRun.camp.