ADVENTURE DAY CAMPnear Nashville, TN
EXCITING ADVENTURES FOR OLDER DAY CAMPERS: Completed grades 6 to 8
Adventure Day Camp provides a unique experience for middle school youth to participate in fun and exciting wilderness survival skills — taught by an outdoor survival expert. Campers also enjoy many favorites like lake activities (swimming, water slide, Corcl boats, canoeing, aqua park, zip line), recreational group games, and more.
Campers are free to HAVE FUN, BE ADVENTUROUS, UNPLUG and CONNECT — no matter what activity they are taking part in whether it be zooming down the water slide on Spring Valley Lake, testing their skills on the archery range, playing group games on the field or building a survival hut together. Each activity provides opportunities to be encouraged, discover strengths, forge friendships, complete challenges, and create life-long memories!
Campers feel known. Our counselors and staff are the heart of Deer Run and a large part of what makes your child’s experience amazing. They genuinely love spending time with campers. They listen with understanding and get to know each camper. Deer Run campers do not get lost in the crowd. Smaller camper groups allow campers to form authentic and deeper friendships; in fact, many campers are greeted by name year after year by returning counselors.
WILDERNESS SKILLS at ADVENTURE DAY CAMP
Campers learn …
- Shelter Building
- Fire Starting — what to look for and how to build a fire from tinder, kindling and logs; then start the fire with cedar or cotton and a flint and steel striker kit
- Knot Tying and Lashing — what you need to know
- Compass and Map Navigation
- Knife Safety
- Target Hatchet Throwing
Groups also have safe, supervised fire competitions and archery competitions.
RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES at ADVENTURE DAY CAMP
- Lake [water slide, aqua park, swimming, round Corcl boats, canoes, zip line]
- Archery Range
- Obstacle Course
- Leap of Faith
- Nine-Square in-the-Air
- GaGa Ball
- Carpetball Tournaments
- BB Guns
- 45-ft Climbing Tower
- Pedal Karts
- Wiffle Ball
- Large Group Rec Games
- Small Group Bible Study
Lake Safety: Every camper, at any swimming level, is required to wear a life jacket at all times for lake activities. Lifeguards are present whenever lake time is scheduled.
Schedule Overview: Monday–Friday
7:30 to 8:15 a.m. Camper Arrival Games (see Extended Care info below)
8:30 a.m. Camper Meet at the Craft Shack to start their camp day
3:30 p.m. Campers Load Buses
3:45 to 4:00 p.m. Camper Pick-up at Camp (see Bus Transportation info below)
INVITE YOUR FRIENDS: YOU GET $20 + THEY SAVE!
After you register for camp, you get a $20 credit for EVERY friend you invite to camp who registers for DAY or OVERNIGHT CAMPS and who is part of a new camper family at Deer Run!
- That’s a $20 credit to your account for each new camper and for every session of camp.
- Plus, after your friend registers, they can invite friends and get the same $20 for every friend who registers and is part of a new camper family.
When registering as a new camper family who has not ever been to Deer Run:
Step 1. Enter the name of the referral person during registration.
Step 2. Enter one of the following discount codes at checkout:
2020 Friend Referral Codes:
• REF20DC: $25 off Day Camp
• REF20ON: $50 off 1-week Overnight Camp
• REF20TW: $100 off 2-week Overnight Camps
*Discount codes cannot be combined with any other code.
How does the referral credit on my account work?
- A referring family must be registered in order to receive the $20 credit. The Referring Family credits are processed on a weekly basis, thus they are not effective immediately.
- Your credit MUST be used BY THE END OF YOUR WEEK OF CAMP or the credit will be forfeited. Your credit can be used in one of the following ways: 1) automatically goes towards balance if camp week is not paid in full, 2) applied to early registration for 2020 camps, or 3) applied to register for a fall parent-child weekend — the August Father-Son Adventure Weekend or the September Mother-Daughter Getaway Weekend.
- The referral credit cannot be used as a credit for the Camp Store.
Bringing friends with you makes a week at camp even more fun! We updated our Friend Request Policy so you can invite more friends to be part of your group!
Day Campers can request as many friends as they would like (no limit) — as long as all friends are within one-year of age of each other.
How do I make a Friend (Cabin Mate) request for my child and his/her friend?
Requests may be made by using the “Friend Request” button in the "Camp Services" section of your online registration account.
- From your account dashboard, click “View My Registrations.”
- Find the current registration for your child and click on their name. You will find the Friend Request button on that screen.
- Only ONE friend should initiate the Friend Request and the other(s) accept. You will need the name and email address associated with the friend’s account.
- When making a request, an email with instructions will be sent on your behalf to the other
- To accept a request, follow the same procedure above and then enter the code in the “Accept a Request” section.
Friend Requests MUST BE ACCEPTED NO LATER THAN ONE WEEK prior to the camp session start date.
Why the maximum of 6 campers in an overnight friend group?
Our intent is to create the best environment and experience possible for all campers — those coming alone or with friends. Thus, no more than 6 total campers can request to be in the same cabin.
If you have more than 6 campers in your friend group, we suggest splitting into two groups. We believe choosing to limit cabin requests to six per cabin sets the cabin up for success — providing an opportunity for unity within the whole group and with the counselor.
For requests above 6 per cabin, call the office at 615.794.2918. We will do our best to accommodate when possible!
2020 SESSIONS: Adventure Day Camp
Weekly Camps (Mon-Fri) beginning the week of June 1-5 and ending the week of July 27-July 31.
- $339 per week includes a $50 non-refundable deposit per camper for each session.
- Affordable monthly payments.
- Registration includes ALL activities (no add-on pricing), a themed camper shirt and a link to a video of your camper’s session.
- Photos from the camp week are available at the end of the camp week.
WAIT LIST: If a camp week is full, you can choose to be added to a Wait List during online registration.
2020 Adventure Day Camp Sessions
June 01 - June 05 (2020 Adventure Day Camp - Session 1)
June 08 - June 12 (2020 Adventure Day Camp - Session 2)
June 15 - June 19 (2020 Adventure Day Camp - Session 3)
June 22 - June 26 (2020 Adventure Day Camp - Session 4)
June 29 - July 03 (2020 Adventure Day Camp - Session 5)
July 06 - July 10 (2020 Adventure Day Camp - Session 6)
July 13 - July 17 (2020 Adventure Day Camp - Session 7)
July 20 - July 24 (2020 Adventure Day Camp - Session 8)
July 27 - July 31 (2020 Adventure Day Camp - Session 9)
If you are in need of financial assistance: Click here for information about applying for a scholarship.
Discount for those who serve our community: 10% OFF for Military, First Responders, Teachers, Pastors and Foster Families. Call (615) 794-2918 or email Contact@DeerRun.camp to find out how to receive your discount. This cannot be combined with other discounts. However, you can still receive referral credits for new camper families who you invite to summer camp!
Add these options during your online registration.
Monday–Friday: Available ONLY to car riders. Not available for those choosing bus transportation.
7 a.m. to 5 p.m.: $35 per week per camper
7 a.m. Drop Off Only: $20 per week per camper
5 p.m. Pick Up Only: $20 per week per camper
$45 per week per camper, Monday a.m. – Friday p.m. Seating is limited and is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Pick-up & Drop-off Locations
- Berry Farms (at Publix)
- Brentwood Baptist Church
- Church of the City Franklin
- FRA (Franklin Road Academy)
- Independence High School
- Westhaven Town Center (at Kroger)
- Murfreesboro Embassy Suites & Conference Center
OPEN HOUSE / CAMP TOURS
2020 Dates To Be Announced (March, April, and May)
2:00 to 4:00 p.m. — Come-and-Go Walking Tours. No Reservation Needed. Open House is a great way to get to know us before you arrive at camp. We invite you to tour the camp facilities and to meet the camp directors and some of the summer staff! We have refreshments, staff who can answer your questions, and summer staff who are excited to show you around.
On Sibling OR Multi-Session Registrations
When registering more than one camper from the same household, each camper registration after the first registration receives a $10 OFF SIBLING DISCOUNT. OR a camper receives $10 OFF EACH SESSION when registering for multiple sessions. Campers receive one or the other discount; not both. These discounts are not available to those receiving a scholarship.