ADVENTURE DAY CAMPnear Nashville, TN
EXCITING ADVENTURES FOR OLDER DAY CAMPERS: Completed grades 6 to 8
Adventure Day Camp provides a unique experience for your child including courses in outdoor education.
Campers are free to HAVE FUN, BE ADVENTUROUS, UNPLUG and CONNECT — no matter what activity they are taking part in whether it be zooming down the water slide on Spring Valley Lake, testing their skills on the archery range, playing group games on the field or building a survival hut together. Each activity provides opportunities to be encouraged, discover strengths, forge friendships, complete challenges, and create life-long memories!
Campers feel known. Our counselors and staff are the heart of Deer Run and a large part of what makes your child’s experience amazing. They genuinely love spending time with campers. They listen with understanding and get to know each camper. Deer Run campers do not get lost in the crowd. Smaller camper groups allow campers to form authentic and deeper friendships; in fact, many campers are greeted by name year after year by returning counselors.
INVITE YOUR FRIENDS: YOU GET $20 + THEY SAVE!
After you register for camp, you get $20 for EVERY friend you invite to camp who registers and who is a new camper at Deer Run!
- That’s a $20 credit to your account for each new camper and for every session of camp.
- Plus, after your friend registers, they can invite friends and get the same $20 for every friend who registers and is a new camper.
When registering as a new camper family who has not ever been to Deer Run:
- Enter the name of the referral person. Referral person MUST be a registered Deer Run camper or parent.
- Enter one of the following discount codes at checkout:
- REF19DC: $25 off Day Camp
- REF19ON: $50 off 1-week Overnight Camp
- REF19TW: $100 off 2-week Overnight Camps
How does the referral credit on my account work?
- A referring family must be registered in order to receive the $20 credit. The Referring Family credits are processed on a weekly basis, thus they are not effective immediately.
- Your credit MUST be used BY THE END OF YOUR WEEK OF CAMP or the credit will be forfeited. Your credit can be used in one of the following ways: 1) automatically goes towards balance if camp week is not paid in full, 2) applied to early registration for 2020 camps, or 3) applied to register for a fall parent-child weekend — the August Father-Son Adventure Weekend or the September Mother-Daughter Getaway Weekend.
- The referral credit cannot be used as a credit for the Camp Store.
Bringing friends with you makes a week at camp even more fun! We updated our Friend Request Policy so you can invite more friends to be part of your group!
Day Campers can request as many friends as they would like (no limit) — as long as all friends are within one-year of age of each other.
How do I make a Friend (Cabin Mate) request for my child and his/her friend?
Requests may be made by using the “Friend Request” button in the "Camp Services" section of your online registration account.
- From your account dashboard, click “View My Registrations.”
- Find the current registration for your child and click on their name. You will find the Friend Request button on that screen.
- Only ONE friend should initiate the Friend Request and the other(s) accept. You will need the name and email address associated with the friend’s account.
- When making a request, an email with instructions will be sent on your behalf to the other
- To accept a request, follow the same procedure above and then enter the code in the “Accept a Request” section.
Friend Requests MUST BE ACCEPTED NO LATER THAN ONE WEEK prior to the camp session start date.
Why the maximum of 6 campers in an overnight friend group?
Our intent is to create the best environment and experience possible for all campers — those coming alone or with friends. Thus, no more than 6 total campers can request to be in the same cabin.
If you have more than 6 campers in your friend group, we suggest splitting into two groups. We believe choosing to limit cabin requests to six per cabin sets the cabin up for success — providing an opportunity for unity within the whole group and with the counselor.
For requests above 6 per cabin, call the office at 615.794.2918. We will do our best to accommodate when possible!
ACTIVITIES: ADVENTURE DAY CAMP
All campers learn Outdoor Education and Survival Skills plus participate in Lake Activities [water slide, aqua park, swimming, round Corcl boats, kayaks, canoes, zip line] • Archery Range • Obstacle Course • Leap of Faith • Nine-Square in-the-Air • GaGa Ball • Carpetball • BB Guns • 45-ft Climbing Tower • Interactive Age-appropriate Small Group Bible Study
Campers are grouped into smaller “learning groups” during their adventure skills time to better learn and participate in activities which include shelter building, fire starting, fire building, knot tying, navigation, archery, lashing, knife safety, fire competitions and archery competitions.
Lake Safety: Every camper, at any swimming level, is required to wear a life jacket at all times for lake activities. Lifeguards are present whenever lake time is scheduled.
Schedule Overview: Monday–Friday
7:30 to 8:15 a.m. Camper Arrival Games (see Extended Care info below)
8:30 a.m. Camp Starts at the Craft Shack
3:30 p.m. Campers Load Buses
3:45 to 4:00 p.m. Camper Pick-up at Camp (see Bus Transportation info below)
2019 SESSIONS: ADVENTURE DAY CAMP
Weekly Camps (Mon-Fri) beginning the week of June 3-7 and ending the week of July 29-August 2.
$339 per week includes a $75 non-refundable deposit per camper for each session.
- Monthly payment option is available on the balance.
- Registration includes ALL activities (no add-on pricing), a themed camper shirt and a link to a video of your camper’s session.
- Photos from the camp week are available at the end of the camp week.
2019 Adventure Day Camp Sessions
June 03 - June 07 (2019 Adventure Day Camp - Session 1)
June 10 - June 14 (2019 Adventure Day Camp - Session 2)
June 17 - June 21 (2019 Adventure Day Camp - Session 3)
June 24 - June 28 (2019 Adventure Day Camp - Session 4)
July 01 - July 05 (2019 Adventure Day Camp - Session 5)
July 08 - July 12 (2019 Adventure Day Camp - Session 6)
July 15 - July 19 (2019 Adventure Day Camp - Session 7)
July 22 - July 26 (2019 Adventure Day Camp - Session 8)
July 29 - August 02 (2019 Adventure Day Camp - Session 9)
If you are in need of financial assistance: Click here for information about applying for a scholarship.
We care about those who serve our community! 10% OFF for Military, First Responders, Teachers, Pastors and Foster Families. Call 615.794.2918 or email Contact@DeerRun.camp to find out how to receive your discount. This cannot be combined with other discounts except for referrals.
Call the office at 615.794.2918 to add your camper to a wait list for camp sessions that are full.
Ready to Register?
To start, you’ll be prompted to create an account or log into your existing account.
This does not obligate you to ANY specific camp session.
Once you are logged in, you will see the specific session dates to choose from for your camper's age/grade.
Any questions? Call the office at 615.794.2918 or Contact Us
$45 per week per camper, Monday a.m. – Friday p.m. Seating is limited and is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Add this option during your online registration.
Pick-up & Drop-off Locations
- Berry Farms (at Publix)
- Brentwood Baptist Church
- Church of the City Franklin
- FRA (Franklin Road Academy)
- Independence High School
- Westhaven Town Center (at Kroger)
- Murfreesboro Embassy Suites & Conference Center
Add this option during your online registration.
A.M. and P.M.: $35 per week per camper, Mon to Fri, 7 a.m. drop off / 5 p.m. pick up
Early Arrival Only: $20 per week per camper, Mon to Fri, 7 a.m. drop off
Late Pick Up Only: $20 per week per camper, Mon to Fri, 5 p.m. pick up
2019 OPEN HOUSE
Sunday, May 5 is our last open house before camp starts.
2:00 to 4:00 p.m. — Come-and-Go Walking Tours. No Reservation Needed. Open House is a great way to get to know us before you arrive at camp. We invite you to tour the camp facilities and to meet the camp directors and some of the summer staff! We have refreshments, staff who can answer your questions, and summer staff who are excited to show you around.
Sibling OR Multi-Session Registrations
When registering more than one camper from the same household, each camper registration after the first registration receives a $10 OFF SIBLING DISCOUNT.
OR a camper receives $10 OFF EACH SESSION when registering for multiple sessions.
Campers receive either the sibling discount OR the multi-session discount; not both.
These discounts are not available to those receiving a scholarship.