FAMILY DAYat Deer Run Camps & Retreats
SUNDAY, APRIL 19, 2020
1 – 5 p.m.
$10 per person through midnight Saturday, April 18
Age 4 & under are free.
$12 per person (age 5 & up) when registering at Deer Run on day of the event.
Experience a festive and adventurous day of camp activities with your family!
Build deeper relationships with each together. You will find yourself laughing, cheering each other on and creating memories that last a life-time.
Activities are for all ages and all family members — from the littlest ones to the teens, mom and dad … and even grandparents. This is a great way to experience what summer camps and family camps are like at Deer Run!
Activities for Everyone
- Pedal Karts
- Climbing Tower
- Archery & BB Guns
- Catch & Release Bank Fishing
- Creek Splashin’
- Self-guided Hiking
- GaGa Ball
- Sand Volleyball
- Wiffle Ball with an organized game from 2:00-3:00 p.m.
- Wagon Rides every half hour beginning at 1:00 p.m. with last ride starting at 4:30 p.m.
Additional Activities for Anyone Grade 3 or Older
Sign-up is recommended during online registration to reserve a space.
Leap of Faith: No Additional Cost
Climb the 33-ft pole, balance on the small platform at the top, then take a leap of faith and float safely to the ground.
Archery Tag: $5 per person/per session
30-min playtime on the Game Field. A multi-player activity similar to paintball or dodge ball using bows and soft-tipped arrows.
Giant Swing: $5 per person — Participants must weigh no more than 250 pounds.
After your group pulls you 50 feet upward, release your own rip cord … then catch your breath after the initial fall and fly high above the game field.
Zip Line Adventures: $20 per person/per session — Participants must weigh at least 60 pounds and no more than 250 pounds.
Soar like an eagle from peak to peak across the camp … and back … on the each of the 800-ft zip lines!
Food Trucks: A variety of selections for everyone.
Music & Door Prizes: Winners are drawn every half hour for a Deer Run door prize. Prizes for Deer Run gift certificates for summer camps, family camps and family events will be drawn after the event, and winners will be contacted.
Camp Store & Patio Sale: Stop by the Creekside Patio for apparel items that are on sale. And stop by the Camp Store for snacks, candy, beverages, bottled water, toys, stuffed animals, sunglasses, over-the-counter medications, fishing pole rentals, and fishing worms.
Balloon Animals & Face Painting: Kids, find our tents near the Camp Store and stop by for your free balloon and free face painting!
REGISTER EARLY TO SAVE and TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT FOR Activities for Grades 3 & Up (listed below)
Advance registration is highly recommended; space is limited for some activities.
- Bring your own bait & tackle.
- Fish include large mouth and hybrid striped bass, catfish and bluegill.
- Fishing is ONLY allowed from the bank and is NOT allowed in the swim area, from the docks, or from a canoe or boat.
- A limited supply of worms can be purchased at the Camp Store.
- A limited number of fishing poles can be rented for $5 at the Camp Store. Pay a $20 deposit at time of pole rental and get a $15 refund when pole is returned.
What to Wear & Bring
- WEAR Required Footwear for Pedal Karts, Climbing Tower, Leap of Faith, Archery Tag, Giant Swing, Zip Lines: Sturdy CLOSED-TOED shoes such as hiking boots or athletic shoes. NO open toe shoes, sandals or flip flops. Closed-toed Keens are acceptable.
- BRING extra clothing, shoes, and a towel for your children in case they get wet and/or muddy during creek splashin’.
Waiver for Your Children to Attend with Another Family
AT DEER RUN
Experience life-time memories, strengthened relationships, deeper connections, new friendships and lots of fun!