FATHER-SON ADVENTURE WEEKENDnear Nashville, TN
CONNECT WITH YOUR SON AT THE 16th ANNUAL
FATHER-SON ADVENTURE WEEKEND
AUGUST 21-23, 2020
Friday 4 p.m. to Sunday 10:45 a.m.
Technology connects us more than ever before yet you and your son may have less time for authentic connections. The Father-Son Adventure Weekend at Deer Run results in a closeness that comes from fun activities and one-on-one time together.
Everything is planned for you so you can share some exceptional fun together and have time for real connection. Deer Run’s private 100-acre scenic property with first-class accommodations just south of Franklin, TN is a perfect setting for your special weekend together.
- Football Challenges: Punting, passing, and flag football on Deer Run’s 80-yd game field.
- Wiffle Ball Home Run Derby: The top father-son teams win prizes in this fun competition for all ages.
- Amateur Fishing Tournament: Bank fishing at our 3-acre, spring-fed lake. Expect some great stories to remember for a life-time as father-son teams compete for prizes in the amateur fishing tournament. Fishing equipment & bait are not provided.
- Open Recreation: Father-Son Wiffle Ball Game, Lake Activities (swimming, zip line, water slide, aqua park, Corcl boats, canoes), Bank Fishing, BB Guns, Slingshots, Sand Volleyball, Hiking, Archery Target Practice, Gaga Ball, Carpetball Tournament, Campfire & S’mores, Nighttime Wagon Ride
- Father-Son Project: Work together on this take-home project that is a reminder of your great weekend with each other!
- Conversation Starters: To guide you and your son in a personal devotion time.
- Exciting and engaging speaker
8 Adventure Rec Options to Add to Your Weekend Package…
Amateur 3-D Archery Tournament: $5 per person, all ages
Test your archery skills on an 8-pt buck, a black bear, a strutting gobbler, and more in this life-size, 3-D archery tournament on our wooded course. Prizes awarded to the top father-son teams from beginners and advanced teams based on points. Equipment is provided OR bring your own.
Climbing Tower: $5 per person; all ages
45-ft tower with easy and advanced routes plus an interior bouldering cave
Pedal Karts: $5 per person for 1/2 hour; ages 5 & up
Deer Run’s Pedal Karts are an unforgettable experience of pedal-powered fun! The paved track has plenty of curves and room to pass providing a thrilling and safe recreation adventure, lots of fun competition, and good stories afterwards.
Giant Swing: $10 per person; ages 6 & up; max. weight 275 lbs.
After your group pulls you 50 feet upward, release your own rip cord and fly high above the game field.
Archery Tag: $15 per person; ages 6 & up
A multi-player activity similar to paintball or dodge ball using bows and soft-tip arrows. Played on the paintball course.
Paintball: $15 per person; ages 9 & up
1.5-hr session, equipment and 100 rounds of paint. Extra paint is available for purchase on site. Chest protectors/vests are available for rental on site.
Zip Line Adventures: $25 per person; min. weight 60 lbs; max. weight 250 lbs.
Soar like an eagle from peak to peak across the camp and back on the twin 800-ft zip lines!
Weekend package pricing is listed below with lodging choices and includes:
- Challenges, competitions, and recreation (unless specified as an Adventure Rec add-on)
- 2 Nights Lodging — Your package price is based on your lodging choice. Accommodations are shared lodging with other retreat attendees. Once a facility is completely booked, it will no longer be available as an option during online registration. You may can choose to be added to a waiting list for a specific lodging facility during registration or call (615) 794-2918 to add your name to a waiting list.
- Event Shirt for each attendee
- 5 Hearty & Delicious Meals — Friday dinner to Sunday breakfast — Let us serve you!
Multi-Child Discount: $10 OFF each child when registering more than one child
Make this a multi-generational experience by including a grandfather! Uncles, foster dads or mentors are also encouraged to bring boys who do not have a father.
If you are in need of financial assistance: Click here for information about applying for a scholarship.
Discount for those who serve our community: 10% OFF for Military, First Responders, Teachers, Pastors and Foster Families. Call (615) 794-2918 or email Contact@DeerRun.camp to find out how to receive your discount. This cannot be combined with other discounts. However, you can still receive referral credits for new camper families who you invite to summer camp!
TIMBER RIDGE CABIN
$219 per person • Adults age 18 & up
$199 per person • Boys age 17 & under
Deer Run’s newest...
Deer Run’s newest climate-controlled bunkhouse-style cabin is a 2-story facility with two upstairs bunk rooms on opposite sides of the cabin which can be entered via ground level on the back of the cabin. Each bunk room has 16 bunks which have premium mattresses. A large, comfortable meeting space is positioned between the bunk rooms.
Downstairs is a second meeting space with wall mounted, flat screen TV, kitchenette with counter, full size refrigerator, microwave and coffee station. On each side of the cabin on the first floor are private restrooms and shower facilities.
Timber Ridge is conveniently located near The Creekside Dining Facility, Spring Valley Lake and the recreation areas.
Linens and toiletries are provided. Accommodations are shared lodging with other event attendees.
$199 per person • Adults age 18 & up
$179 per person • Boys age 17 & under
These 2 cabins overlook Spring Valley Lake. Each cabin has 5 sets of wooden bunks with mattresses plus a loft area with 2 twin beds. The cabins have air conditioning, ceiling fans, private bathrooms and showers, and a kitchenette with a microwave, coffee maker, and small refrigerator. Each cabin accommodates 12 persons. Accommodations are shared lodging with other event attendees.
CEDAR POINT CABINS
$189 per person • Adults age 18 & up
$169 per person • Boys age 17 & under
Cabins have built-in bunks with mattresses, air conditioning, ceiling fans and electrical outlets. An air-conditioned shower house is adjacent to the cabins. Cabins accommodate either 10 or 16 persons. Accommodations are shared lodging with other event attendees.
$159 per person • Adults age 18 & up
$139 per person • Boys age 17 & under
Bring your own...
Bring your own tent. Electrical and water hook-ups are not available. Check-in early to choose your campsite in the wooded setting by the creek with air-conditioned shower house nearby.
NO OVERNIGHT ACCOMMODATIONS
$139 per person • Adults age 18 & up
$119 per person • Boys age 17 & under
Package pricing includes everything listed in the weekend package except accommodations.
Use this 5-day devotional guide to dive into God’s Word with your son(s), strengthen your relationship with each other, and deepen your and your son’s relationship with your heavenly Father. Once you complete the guide, we urge you to find another devotional or a book to study so you and your son(s) can continue building a strong, lasting relationship and live fully for Christ.
AT DEER RUN
Experience life-time memories, strengthened relationships, deeper connections, new friendships and lots of fun!