Deer Run Married Couples Romance Weekend
WHAT TO PACK
- An open heart and mind to where God leads you this weekend
- Notebook (if you are a note-taker)
- Casual clothing for sessions and free time
- Loose-fitting pants and sturdy shoes or hiking boots are recommended for the couple relationship-building activities. Do not wear open-toe or open-heel shoes, sandals or flip flops.
- Saturday night romantic dinner — dress up or dress casual, whichever is most comfortable for you
- Warm clothing (depending on weather) for outdoor activities: jackets, gloves, scarfs, hats/beanies, long johns.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The weekend is designed to offer new insights and renewal to even the best marriages and relationships. The weekend gives you time away from everyday stress and schedules and provides time for you to focus on each other.
It is also a weekend for couples who are struggling and are seeking hope for restoration of their relationship. The speakers, worship and other elements of the weekend give you a foundation to rekindle your love and start anew.
Yes, rooms are not shared. All accommodations are private rooms with a private bath.
Yes, couples have time on Saturday afternoon to relax together and choose to stay at Deer Run or spend time off site. Nearby options are historic Leiper’s Fork or downtown Franklin, each only 15 minutes from Deer Run.
Many of the activities are not physically challenging, but rather help you with communication and trust. For the more physically challenging activities, it is participation by choice. Most couples who attend comment that this is one of the best parts of the weekend experience.
Sorry, but no, childcare is not available.
Wear whatever is comfortable for you; there are no dress requirements. However, this is an opportunity to dress up if you would like to.