PRETEEN OVERNIGHT CAMPin Tennessee
PRETEEN OVERNIGHT CAMP
for Campers who have Completed grades 3 to 5
Check-in: Sunday, 4:00-4:30 p.m.
Camp Closing & Check-out: Saturday 10:00-10:30 a.m.
A few things we’re sure of at Deer Run: Being outside is good. Being outside with friends, growing closer to God, and trying new things is really good.
Being a preteen, and having a preteen, comes with challenges, so a week at overnight camp is welcomed by both parents and campers alike. Each activity throughout the week provides unique opportunities to encourage campers to become confident and remain grounded and strong when life’s challenges arise.
Campers at Deer Run are free to HAVE FUN, BE ADVENTUROUS, UNPLUG and CONNECT — no matter what activity they are taking part in. Whether it be zooming down the water slide on Spring Valley Lake or playing games together, each activity provides opportunities to be encouraged, discover strengths, forge friendships, complete challenges, and create life-long memories!
Counselors and staff are the heart of Deer Run and a large part of what makes your child’s experience amazing. They genuinely love spending time with campers. They listen with understanding and get to know each camper. Deer Run campers do not get lost in the crowd. Smaller camper groups allow campers to form authentic and deeper friendships; in fact, many campers are greeted by name year after year by returning counselors.
PRICING • DATES • AVAILABILITY: 2020 PRETEEN 1-WEEK CAMPS
One-week sessions are 6 nights — beginning on Sunday afternoon and ending Saturday morning. Campers stay in air-conditioned cabins.
- $769 per week includes a $100 non-refundable deposit per camper for each session
- Affordable monthly payments. (Monthly payments are only for registrations that come in prior to May.)
- Registration includes ALL activities (no add-on pricing), a camper shirt, and a link to a video of your camper’s session that you can download.
- Photos from the camp week are available throughout the camp session.
WAIT LIST: If a camp week is full, you can choose to be added to a Wait List during online registration.
CABIN GROUPS [maximum 12 campers]
These activities are done with your cabin group.
- Zip Line Adventures, 45-ft Climbing Tower, Paintball, Giant Swing
- Rec Games, Leap of Faith, Archery Range, Archery Tag, Human Foosball
- GaGa Ball, Carpetball Tournaments, Nine-Square-in-the-Air
- Lake Activities (water slide, aqua park, swimming, round Corcl boats, canoes, zip line)
- Age-appropriate Small Group Bible Study
One track chosen by campers to develop abilities in specialized areas such as fishing, wilderness skills, self-defense, drama, percussion, ukulele and more. During track time, they are with other campers who have chosen the same track, not with their cabin group.
Everyone comes together for large groups games, worship, and a daily speaker session.
Lake Safety: Every camper, any swimming level, is required to wear a life jacket at all times for lake activities. Lifeguards are present during lake time.
CAMP STORE PRE-ORDERS DELIVERED TO CAMPER CABIN: Parents can purchase “select” merchandise from our camp store in advance to be given to your camper while they are at camp. Log into your account, click “View Registrations,” choose the camper you want to make a purchase for, and click on “Pre-Orders” to add this to your camper’s account.
EMAIL: Parents have the ability to email their overnight camper! There are several camper email packages to choose from! Log into your account, click “View Registrations,” choose the camper you want to email, and click on “Send Emails” to add this to your camper’s account. The camper emails are delivered to overnight campers each night during mail time.
CARE PACKAGES & MAIL: Campers love receiving packages and mail from their family! Our staff put the package or mail in your camper’s cabin. You can get these to your camper in two ways: 1) Give to Deer Run staff at the check-in table on Sunday or 2) Mail to your camper during their week of camp. To ensure your camper receives these while they are at camp, mail CARE PACKAGES no later than TUESDAY and mail LETTERS no later than WEDNESDAY. Mail to: Deer Run Camps , Camper Name , 3845 Perkins Road , Thompson’s Station, TN 37179
Click here for more Overnight Parent Info (Check-in / Check-out, What to Pack, Bringing Medications)
FRIEND REQUESTS: Day Camp Small Group or Overnight Cabin Group
Bringing friends with you makes a week at camp even more fun!
Day Campers can request as many friends as they would like (no limit) — as long as all friends are within one-year of age of each other. The older camper will be added to the younger camper's group.
Our intent is to create the best environment and experience possible for all campers — those coming alone or with friends. We believe choosing to limit cabin requests to 6 campers per cabin sets the cabin up for success — providing an opportunity for unity within the whole group and with the counselor.
If you have more than 6 campers in your friend group, we suggest splitting into two groups. For requests above 6 per cabin, call the office at 615.794.2918. We will do our best to accommodate when possible!
- Invite up to 5 friends to be in your cabin … for a total friend group of 6 campers!
- Camper friend requests may have up to a one year age difference. The older camper will be added to the younger camper's cabin group.
- Cabins are divided into male cabins and female cabins.
HOW IT WORKS IN ONLINE REGISTRATION
Requests are made by using the “Friend Request” button in the "Camp Services" section of your online registration account.
Friend Requests MUST BE ACCEPTED NO LATER THAN ONE WEEK prior to the camp session start date.
- From your account dashboard, click “View My Registrations.”
- Find the current registration for your child and click on their name. You will find the Friend Request button on that screen.
- Only ONE friend should initiate the Friend Request and the other(s) accept. You will need the name and email address associated with the friend’s account.
- When making a request, an email with instructions will be sent on your behalf to the other
- To accept a request, follow the same procedure above and then enter the code in the “Accept a Request” section.
FRIEND REFERRALS: THEY SAVE + YOU GET $20 FOR EVERY NEW CAMPER REGISTRATION!
After you register for camp, invite your friends!
- MUST BE A NEW CAMPER: To qualify as a referral, your friend must be part of a new camper family who has never attended a Deer Run camp or event before.
- GIVE FRIENDS THE CODES: Simply give them the Friend Referral Codes listed below so they receive a discount at check-out AND ask them to enter your name as the person who referred them to camp during the “How Did You Hear” section of registration.
- NOW, REFER MORE FRIENDS: After your friend registers as a referral, they can invite friends and also get $20 for every friend who registers and is part of a new camper family.
2020 Friend Referral Codes
• REF20DC: $25 OFF Day Camp
• REF20ON: $50 OFF 1-week Overnight Camp
• REF20TW: $100 OFF 2-week Overnight Camps
*Discount codes cannot be combined with any other code.
How do I get my credit and how can it be used?
- A family you referred to Deer Run Camps must be registered in order for you to receive the $20 credit. The Referring Family credits are processed on a weekly basis, thus they are not effective immediately.
- This credit is in addition to any discounts you have already received, and there is no limit to how many referral credits you can receive!
- Your credit MUST be used BY THE END OF YOUR WEEK OF CAMP or the credit will be forfeited.
Your credit can be used in one of the following ways:
1) automatically goes towards balance if camp week is not paid in full,
2) applied to early registration for 2021 camps, or
3) applied to register for a fall parent-child weekend — the August Father-Son Adventure Weekend or the September Mother-Daughter Getaway Weekend.
- The referral credit cannot be used as a credit for the Camp Store.
Multi-Child or Multi-Session Discount: $10 OFF each child when registering more than one child or for more than one session (this is for all events, except for Family Day)
Community Service Discount: 10% OFF for Military, First Responders, Teachers, Pastors, and Foster Families. To receive your discount code, email your ID/verification to Contact@DeerRun.camp. This cannot be combined with other discount codes. However, you can still receive referral credits for new camper families who you invite to summer camp!
Financial Assistance: If you are in need of financial assistance, click here for information about applying for a scholarship.
OPEN HOUSE / CAMP TOURS
Sundays: April 19 & May 5
Tour anytime from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Come-and-Go Walking Tours.
No Reservation Needed.
We invite you to meet our camp directors and some of our summer staff, tour the camp, and get a glimpse of how camp at Deer Run can make a lifelong impact on your kids, teens, and family this summer.
Open House is a great way to get to know us before you arrive at camp this summer. We have refreshments, staff who can answer your questions, and summer staff who are excited to show you around. We look forward to seeing you!
View this virtual tour video about summer camps.
If you would like to schedule a personal tour, call Guest Relations at 615-794-2918 or email Contact@DeerRun.camp.