PRETEEN OVERNIGHT CAMPin Tennessee
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FOR MY PRETEEN AT OVERNIGHT CAMP?
Being a preteen, and having a preteen, comes with challenges. A week at our overnight camp in Tennessee comes as a welcomed reprieve for parents and campers alike. Rest easy knowing your preteen gets to spend the week hanging out with counselors who are excellent role models and who truly have a heart for them. Then look forward to hearing all of the fun-filled and action-packed stories your preteen will be ready to rattle off when they return home.
During camp, your kids are free to HAVE FUN, BE ADVENTUROUS, UNPLUG and CONNECT — no matter what activity they are taking part in whether it be canoeing around Spring Valley Lake, zooming across the valley on the zip line adventures, laughing on the giant swing, playing group games on the field or simply enjoying meal time together. Each activity provides opportunities to be encouraged, discover strengths, forge friendships, complete challenges, and create life-long memories!
Preteen Campers: Completed grades 3 to 5
Check-in: Sunday, 4:00-4:30 p.m.
Camp Closing & Check-out: Saturday 10:00-10:30 a.m. Campers are released no earlier than 10:30 a.m.
INDIVIDUAL CABIN GROUPS [maximum of 12 campers]: Zip Line Adventures • 45-ft Climbing Tower • Paintball • Archery Range • Rec Games • Leap of Faith • Giant Swing • Archery Tag • Lake Activities (water slide, aqua park, swimming, round Corcl boats, canoes, zip line) • Age-appropriate Small Group Bible Study • GaGa Ball • Carpetball • Nine-Square-in-the-Air
Lake Safety: Every camper, at any swimming level, is required to wear a life jacket at all times for lake activities. Lifeguards are present whenever lake time is scheduled.
ALL CABIN GROUPS: Large-group Games • Cardboard Boat Regatta • Nightly Worship and a Dynamic, Challenging Speaker
CAMPER TRACKS: Campers choose ONE track for the week to develop abilities in specialized areas such as fishing, wilderness skills, self-defense, drama, percussion, ukulele and more.
2020 PRETEEN SESSIONS (6 nights)
Campers stay in air-conditioned cabins.
- $769 per week includes a $100 non-refundable deposit per camper for each session.
- Affordable monthly payments.
- Registration includes ALL activities (no add-on pricing), a camper shirt, and a link to a video of your camper’s session that you can download.
- Photos from the camp week are available throughout the camp session.
WAIT LIST: If a camp week is full, you can choose to be added to a Wait List during online registration.
INVITE YOUR FRIENDS: YOU GET $20 + THEY SAVE!
After you register for camp, you get a $20 credit for EVERY friend you invite to camp who registers for DAY or OVERNIGHT CAMPS and who is part of a new camper family at Deer Run!
- That’s a $20 credit to your account for each new camper and for every session of camp.
- Plus, after your friend registers, they can invite friends and get the same $20 for every friend who registers and is part of a new camper family.
When registering as a new camper family who has not ever been to Deer Run:
Step 1. Enter the name of the referral person during registration.
Step 2. Enter one of the following discount codes at checkout:
2020 Friend Referral Codes:
• REF20DC: $25 off Day Camp
• REF20ON: $50 off 1-week Overnight Camp
• REF20TW: $100 off 2-week Overnight Camps
*Discount codes cannot be combined with any other code.
How does the referral credit on my account work?
- A referring family must be registered in order to receive the $20 credit. The Referring Family credits are processed on a weekly basis, thus they are not effective immediately.
- Your credit MUST be used BY THE END OF YOUR WEEK OF CAMP or the credit will be forfeited. Your credit can be used in one of the following ways: 1) automatically goes towards balance if camp week is not paid in full, 2) applied to early registration for 2020 camps, or 3) applied to register for a fall parent-child weekend — the August Father-Son Adventure Weekend or the September Mother-Daughter Getaway Weekend.
- The referral credit cannot be used as a credit for the Camp Store.
Bringing friends with you makes a week at camp even more fun! We updated our Friend Request Policy so you can invite more friends to be in your cabin!
Overnight campers can invite up to 5 friends to be in their cabin — for a total friend group of 6 campers! Cabins are divided into male cabins and female cabins. Camper friend requests may have up to a one year age difference.
How do I make a Friend (Cabin Mate) request for my child and his/her friend?
Requests may be made by using the “Friend Request” button in the "Camp Services" section of your online registration account.
- From your account dashboard, click “View My Registrations.”
- Find the current registration for your child and click on their name. You will find the Friend Request button on that screen.
- Only ONE friend should initiate the Friend Request and the other(s) accept. You will need the name and email address associated with the friend’s account.
- When making a request, an email with instructions will be sent on your behalf to the other
- To accept a request, follow the same procedure above and then enter the code in the “Accept a Request” section.
Friend Requests MUST BE ACCEPTED NO LATER THAN ONE WEEK prior to the camp session start date.
Why the maximum of 6 campers in an overnight friend group?
Our intent is to create the best environment and experience possible for all campers — those coming alone or with friends. Thus, no more than 6 total campers can request to be in the same cabin.
If you have more than 6 campers in your friend group, we suggest splitting into two groups. We believe choosing to limit cabin requests to six per cabin sets the cabin up for success — providing an opportunity for unity within the whole group and with the counselor.
For requests above 6 per cabin, call the office at 615.794.2918. We will do our best to accommodate when possible!
If you are in need of financial assistance: Click here for information about applying for a scholarship.
Discount for those who serve our community: 10% OFF for Military, First Responders, Teachers, Pastors and Foster Families. Call (615) 794-2918 or email Contact@DeerRun.camp to find out how to receive your discount. This cannot be combined with other discounts. However, you can still receive referral credits for new camper families who you invite to summer camp!
CAMP STORE PRE-ORDERS: Parents can purchase “select” merchandise from our camp store in advance to be given to the camper while they are at camp. Log into your account, click “View Registrations,” choose the camper you want to make a purchase for, and click on “Pre-Orders” to add this to your camper’s account.
EMAIL: Parents have the ability to email their overnight camper! There are several camper email packages to choose from! Log into your account, click “View Registrations,” choose the camper you want to email, and click on “Send Emails” to add this to your camper’s account. The camper emails are delivered to overnight campers each night during mail time.
CARE PACKAGES & MAIL: Campers love receiving packages and mail from their family! Our staff put the package or mail in your camper’s cabin. You can get these to your camper in two ways: 1) Give to Deer Run staff at the check-in table on Sunday or 2) Mail to your camper during their week of camp. To ensure your camper receives these while they are at camp, mail CARE PACKAGES no later than TUESDAY and mail LETTERS no later than WEDNESDAY. Mail to: Deer Run Camps , Camper Name , 3845 Perkins Road , Thompson’s Station, TN 37179
OPEN HOUSE / CAMP TOURS
3 Sunday afternoons to choose from: March 22, April 19, and May 3
2:00 to 4:00 p.m. Come-and-Go Walking Tours. No Reservation Needed. Open House is a great way to get to know us before you arrive at camp. We invite you to tour the camp facilities and to meet the camp directors and some of the summer staff! We have refreshments, staff who can answer your questions, and summer staff who are excited to show you around.
On Sibling OR Multi-Session Registrations
When registering more than one camper from the same household, each camper registration after the first registration receives a $10 OFF SIBLING DISCOUNT. OR a camper receives $10 OFF EACH SESSION when registering for multiple sessions. Campers receive one or the other discount; not both. These discounts are not available to those receiving a scholarship.