What to Pack or Wear
Info on what to pack & what not to pack for cabins, recreation, and swimming.
- The Lodge: Linens & toiletries are provided.
- Cabins: Deer Run can provide sheets, blankets, pillows, towels, and basic toiletries for your group for an extra fee. Your Guest Relations Coordinator can provide info and pricing.
- pillow and sleeping bag (or bed linens) for a twin (bunk bed) mattress
- towel, washcloth, soap
- personal toiletries
- insect repellent
What NOT to Pack or Wear
- sleeveless shirts, spaghetti strap tops, or tank tops
- tight-fitting clothes or short shorts
- clothing with offensive language or promoting persons, bands, or products which are offensive or promote/support beliefs or ideals that contradict Deer Run’s sincerely held religious beliefs
- chewing gum or bubble gum since it damages property
- alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, firearms, or fireworks
- anything of value; Deer Run is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
RECREATION: What to Pack or Wear
- Tennis shoes are REQUIRED on the Pickleball & Basketball Court.
- Closed toe shoes are REQUIRED for most guided recreation which is recreation that requires a Deer Run facilitator. Keens are acceptable. However, no open toe shoes, sandals, or flip flops are allowed. Recreation requiring closed toe shoes:
– Aerial Quest
– Archery Tag
– Giant Swing
– Climbing Tower
– Laser Tag
– Leap of Faith
– Pedal Karts
– Preds Zone Obstacle Course
– Challenge Course
– Zip Line Adventures
- Loose-fitting pants or modest-length shorts are recommended.
- Do not wear dangly jewelry because of the danger of being hung up on recreation equipment.
- Insect repellent and sunscreen are recommended.
DEER RUN STAFF KEEPS YOUR GROUP’S SAFETY IN MIND. Normally, all scheduled recreation takes place regardless of weather conditions. In case of heavy rains or thunderstorms, our staff may need to make adjustments to your scheduled activity.
- females MUST wear a modest 1-piece swimsuit or tankini, or a dark t-shirt over 2-piece swimsuits
- beach towel
- waterproof shoes
- for age 3 & under, bring a certified life jacket Life jackets are required and provided by Deer Run for age 4 & up.
Life jackets are REQUIRED to be worn by EVERY lake participant — regardless of swimming ability — for ALL lake activities including wading, boats, and canoeing. Bank fishing does not require a lifejacket.Swimsuit Requirements for Wet Willie Waterslide Swimsuits cannot have metal or plastic zippers, grommets or metal of any kind since these damage the slide material, a vinyl coated polyester fabric. Guests with these on their swimsuit will not be allowed to go down the slide. No exceptions. [Weight limit for the waterslide is 250 lbs.]