All cancellations must be made IN WRITING.
Send cancellation notice by email to Contact@DeerRun.camp or by US Mail to:
3845 Perkins Road
Thompson’s Station, TN 37179.
The initial deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable. Deposits will be forfeited for cancellations unless we receive a written medical reason. In this case the deposit will be held as a credit in the family account to be used towards future reservations within 12 months of the cancelled date. After that time, credits are forfeited. The credit can be used towards event balances only; an additional deposit will be required.
30+ Days Notice: If the cancellation is made MORE than 30 days prior to the event start date, any payment that has been made above the initial deposit will be refunded.
Less than 30 Days Notice: If the cancellation is made LESS than 30 days from the event start date, no refund will be given.
- 14+ Days Notice: For a cancellation made MORE than two
weeks (14 days) prior to the event start date, Deer Run will hold all balance payments as a credit in the family account to be used towards future reservations within 12 months of the cancelled date. After that time, credits are forfeited. The credit can be used towards event balances only; an additional deposit will be required.
- Less than 14 Days Notice: For a cancellation made LESS than two weeks (14 days) prior to the registered event start date, all balance payments are forfeited.
- A $75 PER PERSON non-refundable deposit is required to complete registration for the Father-Son Adventure Weekend, Mother-Daughter Getaway Weekend, and Family Camp.
- A $175 PER COUPLE non-refundable deposit is required to complete registration for the Married Couples Weekend.
- Deer Run provides the option of a monthly payment plan for early registrations. Calculated monthly payments will automatically be scheduled with the same method of payment used for the deposit.
- All final balances will be drafted two weeks (14 days) before the first day of the event. Full balance is required for any registrations made within two weeks (14 days) of the event.
- Any balances incurred during the event will be charged to the payment account on file no later than the following Monday.
- All scheduled events or retreats normally take place regardless of weather conditions.
- In case of heavy rains or thunderstorms, and because Deer Run staff has your safety in mind, we do our best to adjust the schedule to accomplish all programmed activities as planned.
- Deer Run cannot make a refund if you choose to cancel a reservation because of inclement weather.
- However, should Deer Run choose to cancel an event or activity because of severe weather conditions, you will receive full credit to reschedule or to use towards the balance of a future camp or event.
- A basic first-aid kit can be found in the Creekside Dining Facility. However we recommend guests who are staying at the camp facilities bring a first-aid kit with them.
- Basic over-the-counter medications can be purchased by persons who are 18 or older at the Camp Store.
- Fires are only allowed in designated areas.
- Campfires are scheduled during your event and overseen by Deer Run staff. Campfires are not allowed to be started by event attendees.
- Candles, lanterns, fireworks or open flames — other than designated campfire areas — are not allowed.
Deer Run uses all-natural cedar oil for insect/pest control instead of harmful pesticides.
- Guests are responsible for any damages or missing items incurred during your stay. Deer Run will invoice the guest for repair or replacement of the property that is damaged or missing.
- Food or beverages (except water) are not allowed inside Cedar Point Cabins, Timber Ridge bunk rooms, or The Lodge guest rooms in order to reduce damages and deter insects and pests.
Kitchens at The Lodge and The Creekside are not available for guest to do their own cooking since they are permitted for commercial use and must be compliant with state health codes.
Note: Deer Run does not provide dishes or utensils for microwaves.
For Guest Use:
- The Lodge has a full size guest refrigerator on the back porch and microwave in the dining room for guest use.
- Timber Ridge Cabin, Lakeview Cabins & Cedar Point Cabins 4-8 have a small refrigerator, microwave and Keurig coffee maker for guest use
- Lifeguards are ONLY on duty for scheduled lake activities.
- No one is allowed on the docks or in the water without a lifeguard on duty.
- Fishing is from the bank ONLY and is not allowed from the docks nor from the bank in the swimming area.
Deer Run has a strict no alcohol policy.
- TN state law bans smoking inside buildings. We ask that guests who smoke do so in designated smoking areas with smoking towers that are provided outside the buildings.
- For safety purposes, absolutely no smoking is allowed in grassy or wooded areas including trails.
Please clearly label your items with your name since other guests may be bringing snacks and beverages also.
- Lodge Guests: Upon arrival, Deer Run staff can assist you with a location to store snacks if you bring your own. Coolers MUST be stored on the outside porches because of potential damage to the interior floors. Food cannot be stored on the kitchen counter or in the kitchen refrigerator since the kitchen is permitted for commercial use and must be compliant with state health codes.
- Cedar Point Cabin Guests: Food or beverages brought by guests must be in coolers or sealed containers. Deer Run staff can assist you with a location to keep these during your stay.
- Lakeview Cabins & Timber Ridge Cabin: There is countertop space and refrigerators for guest to keep snacks and beverages.
Deer Run is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, nondenominational Christian ministry with a mission to provide excellent camps and retreats that inspire a transformational relationship with Jesus Christ and strengthen relationships with family and friends.