We Love Our Volunteers!
Are you interested in donating your gifts, time, and passions to care for our property, build and repair facilities, serve our guests and campers, and be involved in community or family events?
Then, we would love for you and your family, friends, community group, or co-workers to be a part of the Deer Run family by volunteering alongside our team members!
Whether you love being behind the scenes or connecting with people as a frontline volunteer, we have numerous year-round volunteer opportunities for you! You can volunteer for a couple hours, a day, a week, or more.
“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” 1 Peter 4:10
Join Us for 2022 Volunteer Spring Serve Day!
Saturday, April 23, 2022 • 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
This annual post-winter volunteer work day is vital to cleaning up debris from winds so the property looks gorgeous for retreat groups and summer camps! We have numerous projects: removing fallen trees on the property, repairing trails, spreading pine straw/wood chips, lining trails with deadfall, and leveling uneven paths.
Bring work gloves and wear shoes that can get dirty.
Volunteers must be age 8 and up. Youth ages 8 to 18 must be supervised by an adult volunteer; 1 adult for every 6 youth.
Schedule: Serve the full day or a half day (a.m. or p.m.)
Full Day — 8:00am to 4:00pm
Morning — 8:00am to 11:30am
Lunch provided for everyone — 11:30am to 12:30pm
Afternoon — 12:30pm to 4:00pm
Summer Camp Volunteers
MATURE CHRISTIAN TEENS, AGE 14 OR OLDER, OR ADULTS WHO WANT TO SERVE IN THIS SUPPORT ROLE
Serve alongside the camp staff to help with Day Camp ministry — campers who are age 5 through completed grade 6.
We invite you to join us during June and July in this important ministry role as a VolunDeer (our summer camp volunteers). You can serve for a few days, a week, or more!
IMPORTANT: CREATING A CAMP VOLUNDEER (VOLUNTEER) ACCOUNT
**IMPORTANT: If your family already has a Deer Run account, ask your parent to do the following so you will have a separate login as a VolunDeer.
- Log into your Deer Run account.
- From the dashboard, click on the box that says “My Profile.”
- Click on the box that says “Manage _____ Family.”
- Click on the name of the person who is applying as a Camp VolunDeer. You can also Add a Member to your family at the bottom of the list.
- Add an email address to the Camp VolunDeer’s account. Then, log out of your account.
- Go back to the Camp VolunDeer application link. Now you can log in as the Camp VolunDeer.
- You will need to click “Forgot Password” and follow the prompts to set a new password and then continue the application.
- Email VolunDeer@DeerRun.camp or call (615) 550-9664 if you have questions.
RETURNING VOLUNDEERS If you have served as a VolunDeer before, you MUST fill out an application each year so we have updated information from you.
We believe in the saying “It takes a whole village to rear a child” and that is why we need YOU to volunteer (or as we like to say at Deer Run . . . to “VolunDeer”) so our campers have the best summer of their lives! VolunDeers ages 15 and older have the opportunity to dedicate their time and energy to serve alongside Deer Run Camp Staff in various roles including day camp, recreation, crafts, lake, and other areas needed.
- VolunDeers MUST be age 15 or older.
- VolunDeers MUST be able to commit to working a full week of camp: Monday–Friday.
- BEFORE MAY 30th: MUST submit a VolunDeer application and Medical Release Form. CLICK HERE to fill out the online application which includes references.
- First-time VolunDeers MUST attend a 2-hour VolunDeer Training before the start of their service. Each are 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. Meet at The Creekside Veranda at Deer Run at 4:00 p.m. Choose ONE of three training dates when you apply: May 25, May 27, or July 8.
VolunDeers commute to and from camp each day during their week of service. VolunDeers in need of transportation may be able to ride one of the Deer Run Day Camp buses to and from camp if space is available. (See the camp website for the locations and times of the camp buses.
Deer Run provides lunch for VolunDeers while serving at Deer Run Camps.
- a Deer Run camp shirt
- a lanyard with name tag
- handouts outlining expectations and responsibilities of a VolunDeer
Monday Arrival & Day Hours
- Arrive at 7:00 a.m. on Monday morning and receive assignments.
- All VolunDeers serve in Day Camp or other areas from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday–Friday Arrival & Day Hours
- Arrive at 7:30 a.m.
- All VolunDeers serve in Day Camp or other areas from 7:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Not yet old enough to serve as a VolunDeer? That’s ok! We would still love to have you at camp! You will need to wait until you are at least 15 to serve as a VolunDeer. Check our schedule for the Youth Camp dates, enjoy camp, and get to know the staffers so that when you come to VolunDeer you will already be a Deer Run Camp expert!
As long as you can remember the good ole days of being a kid and enjoy laughing, exploring, caring for kids and sharing about Jesus, then come on out to camp. We promise to make you a kid again!
We still need you at camp and would definitely enjoy having you! If you cannot commit to serve an entire week, we can still use your servant heart in other areas such as the kitchen, crafts, recreation, etc. but you will most likely not be working directly with children. Email us at VolunDeer@DeerRun.camp to let us know when you are available.
Training is vitally IMPORTANT and REQUIRED if you are a NEW, first-time, VolunDeer. The 2-hour training fully prepares you for serving and knowing your responsibilities. If there is absolutely no way you can attend one of the three training dates listed on page 1, email VolunDeer@DeerRun.camp as soon as possible to let us know your situation.