VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIESat Deer Run Camps & Retreats
Volunteers are vital to Deer Run
Throughout the year there are many opportunities to volunteer at Deer Run. These include:
- serving meals to guests
- property clean up
- assisting with recreation
- helping with events
INTERESTED IN SERVING OR HAVE QUESTIONS?
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE
CLEAN UP DAY: FALLEN TREES FROM STORMS & REPAIR TRAILS
Sat Sept 19 • 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Bring work gloves and wear shoes that can get dirty to help with removing fallen trees on the property and repairing trails: spreading pine straw/wood chips, lining trails with deadfall, and leveling uneven paths. Age 12 & up ONLY. Youth ages 12 to 18 must be supervised by an adult volunteer — 1 adult for every 6 youth.
Full Day — 8:00am to 4:00pm
Morning — 8:00 to 11:30am
Lunch provided for everyone — 11:30am to 12:30pm
Afternoon — 12:30 to 4:00pm
Wed – Sun through October (as needed basis)
Ages 16 & up ONLY. Help facilitate an exciting time at the Spring Valley Lake by running the lake zip line and ensuring a safe swimming environment!
1. Fill out the Volunteer Application so we can know your interest in serving and are able to contact you.
*Note: You will be asked to create a Deer Run account if you do not already have one.
2. Once your volunteer application has been filled out, click on the SIGN UP TO SERVE button to let us know specifically how you want to serve.
*Note: if you want to sign up for more than one opportunity, you will need to fill out the form more than once. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working towards a more streamlined process.
If you are volunteering to serve meals in the dining facilities at The Creekside or The Lodge be sure to review the following dress code before arriving.
SUMMER CAMP VOLUNDEERS
A VOLUNTEER POSITION FOR CHRISTIAN STUDENTS, AGE 15 & OLDER
Applicants should be willing to serve in any area of our day camp ministry.
IMPORTANT: Creating a VolunDeer Account
**IMPORTANT: If your family already has a Deer Run account, ask your parent to do the following so you will have a separate login as a VolunDeer.
- Log into your Deer Run account.
- From the dashboard, click on the box that says “My Profile.”
- Click on the box that says “Manage _____ Family.”
- Click on the name of the person who is applying as a VolunDeer. You can also Add a Member to your family at the bottom of the list.
- Add an email address to the VolunDeer’s account. Then, log out of your account.
- Go back to the VolunDeer application link. Now you can log in as the VolunDeer.
- You will need to click “Forgot Password” and follow the prompts to set a new password and then continue the application.
SUMMER CAMP NURSES
A registered nurse or a doctor is needed during each summer camp session — for both day camps and overnight camps. Deer Run shows appreciation for a camp nurse’s time and professional skills by providing a barter that can be used for payment towards summer camps or family events at Deer Run. Email NurseManager@DeerRun.camp if you have questions.