DAY CAMPSnear Nashville Tennessee
2021 SUMMER DAY CAMP
age 5 to completed grade 6
Younger campers have a better camp experience if they have been involved in a preschool environment before attending camp.
Safety for 2021 Camps
Because the safety and well-being of our campers and families are our top priority, we have implemented safety measures based on guidance from CCCA (Christian Camping and Conference Association), ACN (Association of Camp Nursing), and the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention).
- Our primary strategy against a COVID outbreak at camp is operating in small group cohorts/families. Campers will stay with their same group all day and all week without “mixing” with other groups.
- Campers will NOT be required to wear masks during the camp day unless they choose to. Take note, we have been advised that wearing a mask in the heat of the day during summer poses a risk to campers.
- The majority of camp activities will take place outdoors.
- Routine hand washing and sanitizing will be a regular part of the camp day.
- Routine cleaning and sanitizing of recreational and activity areas plus facilities will be a regular part of each camp day.
Monday through Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. Drop campers off as early as 8:00 a.m. for morning games before the camp day begins.
A few things we’re sure of at Deer Run: Being outside is good. Being outside with friends, growing closer to God, and trying new things is really good.
Voted one of the BEST day camps by parents! Deer Run is 150 beautiful, wooded acres where campers have FUN, are ADVENTUROUS, UNPLUG, and CONNECT with each other to discover strengths, forge friendships, complete challenges, and create life-long memories!
Deer Run makes it a priority to actively engage each camper and create a fun and safe environment. Counselors and staff are the heart of Deer Run and a large part of what makes your child’s experience so amazing. They genuinely love spending time with campers. They get to know each camper. In fact, many campers are greeted by name year after year by returning counselors.
Campers do not want to leave at the end of the day and want to come back again and again because of the fun and community they experience at Deer Run.
Bus transportation is available from 8 area locations (see info & schedule below): Brentwood/South Nashville, Franklin/Spring Hill, and Murfreesboro.
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2021?
- Changes to ages: Day Camps are age 5 to completed grade 6. Day campers who have completed 6th grade will participate in activities that had previously been offered for adventure campers.
- For day campers 5th grade and older, we have added a new, exciting activity… ax throwing.
- We added an 8th bus stop at Fieldstone Farms!
- Deer Run can provide lunch for your day camper for $39 per week, or you may bring your own lunch.
We have special celebrations during these two sessions of camp:
- Patriotic Week, June 27-July 2
- Christmas in July, July 18-23
DATES & PRICING
9 Weekly Sessions (Mon-Fri)
beginning May 31–June 4 & ending the week of July 26-30
- $329 per week — includes a $54.95 non-refundable deposit per camper for each session [$50 + $4.95 registration fee].
- For registrations after May 15, the full balance is due.
- Affordable monthly payments for registrations completed prior to May 1.
- Registration includes ALL activities (no add-on pricing) and a camp shirt.
- Lunch is provided for $39 per session per camper. Or bring your own lunch.
WAIT LIST: If a camp week is full, you can choose to be added to a Wait List during online registration.
FRIEND REQUESTS: Day Camp Small Group or Overnight Cabin Group
Bringing friends with you makes a week at camp even more fun!
Day Campers can request as many friends as they would like (no limit). Friends are recommended to be within one-year of age of each other.
Our intent is to create the best environment and experience possible for all campers — those coming alone or with friends. We believe choosing to limit cabin requests to 6 campers per cabin sets the cabin up for success … providing an opportunity for unity within the whole group and with the counselor.
If you have more than 6 campers in your friend group, we suggest splitting into two groups. For requests above 6 per cabin, call the office at 615.794.2918. We will do our best to accommodate when possible!
- Invite up to 5 friends to be in your cabin … for a total friend group of 6 campers!
- Camper friend requests may have up to a one year age difference. The older camper will be added to the younger camper's cabin group.
- Cabins are divided into male cabins and female cabins.
HOW ONLINE REGISTRATION WORKS FOR FRIEND REQUESTS
Requests are made by using the “Friend Request” button in the "Camp Services" section of your online registration account.
Friend Requests MUST BE ACCEPTED NO LATER THAN ONE WEEK prior to the camp session start date.
- From your account dashboard, click “View My Registrations.”
- Find the current registration for your child and click on their name. You will find the “Friend Request” button on that screen.
- Only ONE friend should initiate the Friend Request and the other(s) accept. You will need the name and email address associated with the friend’s account.
- When making a request, an email with instructions will be sent on your behalf to the friend.
- To accept a request, follow the same procedure above and then enter the code in the “Accept a Request” section.
AFTER YOU REGISTER… REFER YOUR FRIENDS: They SAVE and YOU GET $20 for every new camper registration!
After you register for camp, invite your friends!
- Your Friend Must Be a New Camper Family: To qualify as a referral, your friend must be part of a new camper family who has never attended a Deer Run camp or event before.
- Give Your Friend the Referral Codes: Simply give your friend the Friend Referral Codes listed below so they receive a discount at check-out AND ask them to enter your name as the person who referred them to camp during the “How Did You Hear” section of registration.
- Your Friend Can Invite Friends: After your friend registers as a referral, they can invite friends and also get $20 for every friend who registers and is part of a new camper family.
Friend Referral Codes
• REF25DC: $25 OFF Day Camp
• REF50ON: $50 OFF 1-week Overnight Camp
• REF100TW: $100 OFF 2-week Overnight Camps
*Discount codes cannot be combined with any other code.
CLICK ON THE GRAPHIC TO DOWNLOAD & SHARE VIA EMAIL OR SOCIAL MEDIA.
How do I get my credit and how can it be used?
- A family you referred to Deer Run Camps must be registered in order for you to receive the $20 credit. The Referring Family credits are processed on a weekly basis, thus they are not effective immediately.
- This credit is in addition to any discounts you have already received, and there is no limit to how many referral credits you can receive!
- Your credit MUST be used BY THE END OF YOUR WEEK OF CAMP or the credit will be forfeited.
Your credit can be used in one of the following ways:
1) automatically goes towards balance if camp week is not paid in full,
2) applied to early registration for 2022 camps, or
3) applied to register for a fall parent-child weekend — the August Father-Son Adventure Weekend or the September Mother-Daughter Getaway Weekend.
- The referral credit cannot be used as a credit for The Camp Store.
RECREATION & ACTIVITIES
- Lake [water slide, aqua park, swimming, round Corcl boats, canoes, zip line]
- Archery & BBs Range
- Obstacle Course, 45-ft Climbing Tower, Pedal Kart Races
- Recreational Games, Human Foosball, Nine-Square-in-the-Air, GaGa Ball, Carpetball, Tetherball
- Creek Wading, Noah’s Park Playground, Fun Songs
- Worship, Interactive Age-appropriate Small Group Bible Study
- Ax Throwing, Giant Swing, Canopy Zip Lines (5th & 6th grade only)
Activities and daily schedules vary by age/grade.
Lake Safety: Every camper, any swimming level, is required to wear a life jacket at all times for lake activities. Lifeguards are present during lake time.
DAY CAMP SCHEDULE
8:00 to 8:15 a.m. Camper Arrival Games
8:15 a.m. Camp Starts: Morning Celebration
9:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Activity Rotations: recreation, games, lunch, Bible study
3:15 p.m. Campers gather for Afternoon Fun
3:30 p.m. Campers who are Bus Rders Load Buses
3:45 to 4:00 p.m. Camper Pick-up at Camp
**1st Day of Camp — MONDAY MORNING CHECK-IN
Check-in at Bus Locations: ONLY campers who signed up for bus transportation, have paid in FULL, and have signed the required online forms can check in at the bus location on Monday morning. Call (615) 794-2918 if you have questions.
Check-in at Camp: Campers will be checked in while in their vehicle. Parents will drop their camper off at The Fortress entrance so they can join their group.
PICKING UP CAMPERS
See Camp Policies (p3) for info on camper pick-up and your camper pick-up code.
MEDICATION RETURNS ON FRIDAY AFTERNOON
At Camp: On Friday afternoon, any unused medications will be given to you during pick up.
Bus Riders: On Friday afternoon, any unused medications will be given to you at your bus location.
CAMP BUCKS for the Camp Store
- Purchase in your online account before your camp session starts or during the camp week. Or you may call the office at (615) 794-2918 and our staff will add Camp Bucks to your camper(s) account(s).
- Log into your account to add more Camp Bucks, review purchases made by your camper, or check your camper’s balance.
- Go here for more information about Camp Bucks.
Bus Transportation: Locations & Schedule
Add during online registration or at any time by logging into your account.
$49 per week per camper, Monday a.m. – Friday p.m.
Seating is limited and is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
8 Pick-up & Drop-off Locations
- Brentwood Area/South Nashville: Brentwood Baptist, FRA (Franklin Road Academy)
- Franklin/Spring Hill: Independence High School, Berry Farms Publix, Church of the City (Franklin), Hunters Bend Elementary at Fieldstone Farms, Westhaven Town Center Kroger
- Murfreesboro: Embassy Suites & Conference Center
Bus Policies & Schedule for each location: Click here.
DRESS UP DAYS
MONDAY: Preds/Team Day
Wear your Nashville Predators gear or gear from any favorite sports team.
TUESDAY: Character Day
Dress up as your favorite character.
WEDNESDAY: Twin with Your Counselor Day
Wear something to match your counselor. Your counselor will let you know what color they plan to wear the day before.
THURSDAY: Stop Light Day
Dress in all Red, Yellow, or Green and pose with your friends for a “stoplight” picture.
FRIDAY: Camp Shirt plus Crazy Hair-Socks-Hat Day
Wear your Deer Run shirt and add wacky accessories.
what to bring & wear
WHAT TO BRING EACH DAY
> LUNCH & DRINK
- Pack a lunch and drink in an insulated lunch box and label each with your camper’s name.
- Include an icepack or frozen water bottle in the lunch box to keep it cold since we do not have refrigeration or coolers for camper lunches.
- Put the lunchbox INSIDE your camper's backpack to aid in a smooth drop-off transition.
> BACKPACK OR BAG WITH THE FOLLOWING ITEMS
Label the backpack/bag and the items inside with your camper's name.
- swimsuit (see swimsuit requirements under "What to Wear")
- beach towel & sunscreen
- flip flops or water shoes for the lake and creek wading
- plastic bag to put clothes in after changing into swimsuit and to put wet items in after lake time
- rain gear and/or light jacket
- insect repellent
LABELING ITEMS: We recommend Name Bubbles labels which are a high quality, long-lasting, waterproof label — available in a variety of styles or you can customize your label. Use on clothes, water bottles, toiletries, sunscreen, bug spray, lunch boxes, etc. They are dishwasher, laundry, microwave, and freezer safe! Save on your order! Use promo code DEERRUNGRP20 in your cart to get 20% off. Note, the code is case sensitive and should be entered in all caps. It cannot be applied to sale items or combined with additional discount codes. Expires 5/5/2021.
DO NOT BRING
- chewing gum or bubble gum since it damages camp property
- any electronic devices (cell phones, tablets, etc.)
- tobacco or vape products, alcohol, illegal drugs, firearms, fireworks, matches, lighters, aerosol cans, or weapons including pocket knives
- anything valuable — Deer Run does not take responsibility for damaged, lost, or stolen items. See Camp Policies (p4) for claiming Lost & Found items.
WHAT TO WEAR
- casual clothing and athletic shoes for rec activities
- close-toed shoes (no open toe shoes, sandals, or flip flops): required for pedal karts and climbing tower
- swimsuit requirements: Girls are required to wear modest one-piece swimsuits or a tankini that covers the stomach. Camper swimsuits cannot have metal or plastic zippers, grommets, or metal of any kind since these damage the fabric on the water slide. Campers with these will not be allowed to go down the water slide. No exceptions.
DO NOT WEAR
- sleeveless shirts, spaghetti strap tops, or tank tops
- tight-fitting clothes or short shorts
- clothing with offensive language or promoting persons, bands, or products which are offensive
CAMP STORE & STORE PREORDERS, BUNK1 (PHOTOS & COMMUNICATIONS), OVERNIGHT CAMPER CARE PACKAGES & MAIL
- During registration, a suggested amount of Camp Store money will be added to your registration. Feel free to change this amount to as much or as little as you’d like, or you can choose to add money later. Campers LOVE shopping at the camp store every day with their group. Log into your account to monitor your camper’s purchases and balance, or to add more money if needed throughout the camp week.
- Go here for more information and policies about Camp Bucks.
- You have the choice to preorder merchandise from The Camp Store and have it delivered to your child during their session of camp. Preorders can be also be added at any time through the week.
- Preorders must be added to your registration by 12:00 p.m. on the Friday before camp in order for the items to be delivered on the day of arrival and no later than 12:00 p.m. on Friday during your camp session to be delivered before your camper leaves for the week.
Photos with facial recognition, communications from camp, emails to/from your camper
We have partnered with a company called Bunk1 to provide communication with your camper and an easy way to receive updates from camp, all in one place! Download the Bunk1 App and login with your Deer Run email and password, or use the desktop version at Bunk1.com. to view, share and download photos plus stay informed about what is going on at camp. For more information about all that Bunk1 offers, visit Bunk1family.com.
CARE PACKAGES & MAIL
Campers love receiving packages and mail from their family! Our staff put the package or mail in your camper's cabin. You can get these to your camper in two ways:
- Give to Deer Run staff at the check-in table on Sunday or
- Mail to your camper during their week of camp.
To ensure your camper receives these while they are at camp, mail CARE PACKAGES no later than TUESDAY, and mail LETTERS no later than WEDNESDAY.
Mail to: Deer Run Camps , Camper Name , 3845 Perkins Road , Thompson’s Station, TN 37179
Community Service Discount: 10% OFF Military, First Responders (EMT/Paramedic, Firefighters, law enforcement officers), Teachers, Pastors, and Foster Families. To receive your discount code, email a copy of your ID/verification to Contact@DeerRun.camp. This cannot be combined with other discount codes. However, you can still receive referral credits for new camper families who you invite to summer camp!
Financial Assistance: If you are in need of financial assistance, click here for information about applying for a scholarship.
PERSONAL CAMP TOURS
We are available to give you and your family a PERSONAL TOUR of the camp facilities! Get a glimpse of how camp at Deer Run can make a lifelong impact on your kids, teens, and family this summer.
Watch this VIRTUAL TOUR and you'll definitely be excited about summer and family camps at Deer Run!
We have some exciting things planned for summer camp!
In the meantime, our Family Resource page has fun things for YOUR KIDS & YOU TO DO TOGETHER at home such as coloring pages and recipes … plus videos and worship music which will encourage you.