FAMILY DAYat Deer Run Camps & Retreats
POSTPONED: DATE TBD — Due to health concerns to limit large gatherings, we are postponing this event and intend to reschedule at a future date.
Originally scheduled for SUNDAY, APRIL 19, 2020
1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Advance Registration: $10 per person through midnight day before the event
Day of Event Registration: $12 per person when registering after midnight or at Deer Run on the day of the event.
Age 4 & under are free.
Experience a festive and adventurous day of camp activities with your family!
Build deeper relationships with each together. You will find yourself laughing, cheering each other on and creating memories that last a life-time.
Activities are for all ages and all family members — from the littlest ones to the teens, mom and dad … and even grandparents. This is a great way to experience what summer camps and family camps are like at Deer Run!
Activities for Everyone
- Pedal Karts
- Climbing Tower
- Archery & BB Guns
- Catch & Release Bank Fishing
- Creek Splashin’
- Self-guided Hiking
- GaGa Ball
- Sand Volleyball
- Wiffle Ball with an organized game from 2:00-3:00 p.m.
- Wagon Rides every half hour beginning at 1:00 p.m. with last ride starting at 4:30 p.m.
Advance registration is highly recommended since space is limited for some activities.
Additional Paid Activities for Grade 3 & Older: Archery Tag, Giant Swing, Zip Lines
Archery Tag: $5 per person/per session
30-min playtime on the Game Field.
A multi-player activity similar to paintball or dodge ball using bows and soft-tipped arrows.
Giant Swing: $5 per person
Participants must weigh no more than 250 pounds.
After your group pulls you 50 feet upward, release your own rip cord … then catch your breath after the initial fall and fly high above the game field.
Zip Line Adventures: $20 per person/per session
Participants must weigh at least 60 pounds and no more than 250 pounds.
Soar like an eagle from peak to peak across the camp … and back … on the each of the 800-ft zip lines!
Food Trucks: A variety of selections for everyone.
Music & Door Prizes: Winners are drawn every half hour for a Deer Run door prize. Prizes are drawn after the event for Deer Run gift certificates: summer camps, family camps, and family events. Winners will be contacted.
Camp Store & Patio Sale: Stop by the Camp Store and Patio Sale for snacks, candy, beverages, bottled water, apparel, toys, stuffed animals, sunglasses, over-the-counter medications, fishing pole rentals, and fishing worms.
Balloon Animals & Face Painting: Kids, find our tents near the Camp Store and stop by for your free balloon and free face painting!
- Bring your own bait & tackle.
- Fish include large mouth and hybrid striped bass, catfish and bluegill.
- Fishing is ONLY allowed from the bank and is NOT allowed in the swim area, from the docks, or from a canoe or boat.
- A limited supply of worms can be purchased at the Camp Store.
- A limited number of fishing poles can be rented for $5 at the Camp Store. Pay a $20 deposit at time of pole rental and get a $15 refund when pole is returned.
What to Wear & Bring
- WEAR Required Footwear for Pedal Karts, Climbing Tower, Leap of Faith, Archery Tag, Giant Swing, Zip Lines: Sturdy CLOSED-TOED shoes such as hiking boots or athletic shoes. NO open toe shoes, sandals or flip flops. Closed-toed Keens are acceptable.
- BRING extra clothing, shoes, and a towel for your children in case they get wet and/or muddy during creek splashin’.
Waiver for Your Children to Attend with Another Family
AT DEER RUN
Experience life-time memories, strengthened relationships, deeper connections, new friendships and lots of fun!